Monday, January 28, 2013

Blog Launch & Contest Info

So in my last post I officially revealed Secret Web Project as my shiny new blog/website, The First Reader, and I hinted that there would be a blog launch, and a Twitter, and other things.

This is the post about all those other things. Are you ready? Are you set? Here we go.


On the very last day of the month (Thurs,  Jan 31,) as the clock strikes midnight (eastern standard time,) The First Reader will go live! It's...





Cue excited screaming!

There will be an announcement post here, on *Headdesk*, linking to the new site. And on the new site, you will find a welcome post with a welcome video. And to celebrate the blog launch, I will be doing a couple awesome things.


Awesome thing #1 -- Epic Book Contest



So I don't want to talk about the epic book contest too much here, and thus spoil the epicness, but you should know it involves eight very new and shiny YA books from my favorite authors, and also one mystery YA book, which I have not chosen/purchased yet.

(Implication: you should help me make up my mind about which book to buy.)

The problem, you see, is that there are too many awesome books for my awesome contest. So I figured I'd throw it out to you guys. Which book would you most like to win?

Do you want Altered by Jennifer Rush?
Thrones of Glass by Sarah J. Maas?
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater?
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes?
Fathomless by Jackson Pearce?
Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi? (Which, needless to say, would be a preorder.)
Nameless book of awesome that I didn't think of suggesting?

Pick. Comment. Save me from impulse decisions!

All the contest details will be up on the new blog in the welcome post, so after it goes live you can check there for entrant info.



Awesome thing #2 -- Epic Content



Remember how I've been blathering on about how the new site will focus on content, and short stories, etc etc? Well, I meant it. While the contest is running I will be posting regular bits of story stuff to make the whole thing worth your while. One day, it might be a short story. The next if might be an excerpt from from MIRRORPASS, or even, gasp, Shutterbug. So. Keep an eye out for that. Muahaha.



Awesome thing #3 -- Twitter



I have one now! If you have one, too, and you like writerly stuff, then come follow me. I'm actively looking for Twitter buddies, and as an added bonus, being a Twitter follower will help you out in the upcoming contest. But you'll find out more about that later.


Oh, wait. You have a question? That's awesome. Go ahead and ask it in the comments. I will do my best to answer.



But most details I have left out at this point were left out intentionally, so they can be revealed in the welcome post on the new blog. MUAHAHA.



Truly and always and feeling rather evil genius-y,
-Creative A

1 comment:

Chandler said...

OMG, I can't wait!!! This is super exciting and I know it's going to be awesome. I'd probably vote Throne of Glass because I've been hearing lots about that book--but it's a mammoth right? Or Raven Boys because I've heard that's absolutely beautifully written!

Google Analytics